Stop Signal Accidents in Monroe
At red lights and stop signs, drivers are required to stop. In Monroe, motorists may make a right turn after stopping at a red light, but doing so requires the motorist to first yield to pedestrians and any other traffic passing through the intersection before making their turn. Vehicles turning right on red lights often cause accidents because they fail to come to a complete stop and yield to oncoming traffic.
Any motorist who fails to stop at a red light or stop sign places creates a great risk for injuries of other motorists and pedestrians, especially when operating your vehicle in as there are many vehicles and pedestrians.
If you have been injured due to the fault of another driver, and that driver ran a stop signal, they will likely receive a citation from police on the scene. This report will help your case because it speaks to the other driver’s negligence and the extent of your injuries.
Call our office today for a free case evaluation and discussion of your options.
Running Stop Signal Statistics:
- 846 fatalities in crashes involving red light running were reported in 2019.
- 143,000 injuries in crashes involving red light running were reported in 2019.
- A 2019 AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety report stated that nearly 90% of drivers reported a belief that running a red light is dangerous. Yet, 31% reported having run a red light in the past thirty days.
- Red light cameras have been reported to deter many from speeding and running red light signals altogether.
Red Light and Stop Sign Rules in Louisiana
- At red lights or stop signs, operators of vehicles must come to a complete stop at the marked line.
- However, Louisiana does permit its motorists to make right turns after coming to a full stop at the light and yielding to any oncoming traffic or pedestrians.
- Additionally, a left turn is permitted once the driver has come to a full stop at the red light and only from a one-way street onto another one-way street.
- If there are no signs prohibiting u-turns and after coming to a full stop, a motorist may make a U-turn at a red light while also yielding to pedestrians and other vehicles using the intersection.
Our firm can assist you in researching your case to find out the value of your claim. We can explain all of your options and run through the possible scenarios that may arise from your case.