Working on a supply vessel is tough work. Every day, slippery surfaces, electrical hazards, and other dangers put your health and well-being at risk. Still, you’re guaranteed a basic level of safety from your employer, co-workers, and third parties.
If you were injured while working on a supply vessel, you deserve compensation that pays for your medical care and other expenses while you recover. A New Orleans supply vessels accident lawyer from Cueria Law Firm, LLC can pursue financial recovery for the full cost of your losses––including those you haven’t incurred yet.
The path to compensation begins with a free consultation from our firm. Dial 504-525-5211 to begin.
You Have Legal Options Under the Jones Act
Most New Orleans personal injury cases fall under the purview of state law. However, accidents involving supply vessels are different matters. They typically fall under the Jones Act, a federal law that allows maritime workers to pursue negligence-based claims after on-the-job injuries. To pursue damages under this law:
- You must qualify as a “seaman.” This means that you spend at least 30 percent of your working time on a vessel that’s in navigation. Your work must also contribute to the vessel’s work and operation.
- You must file your claim within the prescriptive period, which depends on the circumstances of your accident and injuries.
- You must prove that another party’s negligence led to your injury.
Understanding the laws that apply to maritime accident cases can get complex. Here’s the takeaway: if you were injured while working aboard a supply vessel, you have financial recovery options. Our team can help you explore and uphold them, giving you the time necessary to heal.
Our New Orleans Supply Vessels Accident Lawyers Seek Everything You Need
You could have multiple avenues for pursuing compensation following an injury aboard a maritime vessel. Cueria Law Firm, LLC explores all of them, seeking fair reimbursement for your economic and non-economic damages. Examples of these compensable hardships include:
- Healthcare expenses, from your initial intake appointment to outpatient physical therapy
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage costs (if applicable)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- The cost of anything you spend out of pocket
Compensation can’t undo the serious injuries you suffered. Yet, it can help you afford much-needed medical care and remain financially afloat.
Our Lawyers Routinely Secure Damages for Maritime Injury Claimants
Cueria Law Firm, LLC has more than 30 years of experience advocating for injured people, both on- and offshore. We believe that these outcomes showcase our commitment to client success:
- The details of this case are confidential. Yet, we can share that we secured $2 million for our client who suffered on-the-job injuries as an anchor handler.
- Our client suffered neck and back injuries in his work as a boat captain. We secured $1.25 million for his losses.
- Our client was cleaning up an oil spill when he slipped and fell on the deck. We secured $475,000 in damages on his behalf.
It’s smooth sailing with our New Orleans personal injury law firm. Check out our client testimonials to learn more.
How Our New Orleans Supply Vessel Accident Lawyer Plans to Win Your Case
Many tasks go into building a successful personal injury claim. First, our New Orleans supply vessels accident lawyer takes the time to learn your story and familiarize ourselves with your case’s aspects. The information we gather allows us to identify your coverage options and pinpoint who is liable for your losses.
From there, we:
- Gather supporting evidence. Security camera footage, eyewitness testimony, and the accident report can paint a picture as to how your accident happened.
- File your claim. Whether we file your case under the Jones Act or another route, we must identify the cost of your damages, your role on the vessel, and what compensation could make you “financially whole.”
- Litigate your case. Cueria Law Firm, LLC resolves most maritime injury cases through negotiations. Yet, we prepare each case for trial so we’re ready to litigate whenever necessary. Filing a lawsuit requires uncovering key evidence, cross-examining witnesses, and presenting your case in court.
There are many more behind-the-scenes tasks we undertake on your behalf. With our firm at the helm, trust us to handle case-related communications, negotiations, and paperwork. Our New Orleans supply vessels accident lawyer takes care of everything in its entirety; you might even forget you have a case pending.
Frequently Asked Questions of Our New Orleans Supply Vessel Injury Team
When we say that the claims process following a maritime injury is difficult, we’re not kidding. There’s a reason why many law firms shy away from these cases. Yet, with Cueria Law Firm, LLC, your case is in the hands of experienced professionals. We aim to ensure you understand everything about your options. It’s your case, after all.
That said, here are some questions you may have while considering legal representation:
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Damages?
For more than 30 years, our lawyers have sought and recovered compensation for people after suffering:
- Electrocutions or electric shock
- Burns from explosions and fires
- Complications from near-fatal drownings
- Broken and fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain trauma from falls
- Illnesses from exposure to toxic chemicals
- Lacerations from fishing equipment
- On-board medical emergencies
Don’t feel dissuaded from seeking financial recovery if you don’t see your circumstances listed above. Our team still wants to learn your story and uphold your legal rights. Learn more during a free consultation when you call 504-525-5211.
How Much Can I Seek for a Supply Vessel Injury Case?
Your compensable losses (and their values) depend on your case. There is no average settlement value for these claims, and even if there was, there’s no telling that number would reflect your circumstances. We said it once, and we’ll say it again: our New Orleans supply vessels accident lawyer seeks everything you need to rebuild your life.
Can I Afford a Maritime Injury Lawyer?
Yes. Our team handles cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means you pay no upfront costs and only pay our attorney’s fees if we win your case.
Call Now to Start Your Free Case Review With Our New Orleans Firm
Don’t get caught up in complicated legalese and the minutiae of the claims process; entrust your case to our supply vessels injury lawyer. During your initial consultation, our New Orleans supply vessels accident lawyer can discuss your rights, options, and next steps. Dial 504-525-5211 to begin.